CFI offers support groups and individual training to help seniors and the general population with low vision and blindness live independently, remain active, and cope with vision loss.
Low Vision and Blind Services
We have a low-vision lab to demonstrate assistive devices and specialized software.
We train our consumers to use adaptive technology and help people with in-home safety/security needs.
Please call for appointment 970-241-0315. Not all services are available in all counties.
Low Vision Services
- Volunteer Readers*
- Daily Living & Independent Skills training
- Sighted Guide
- Vocational Skills training - computers, keyboarding, resume writing, and job preparation
- Peer Counseling, Support Groups*, Recreation*
- Advocacy for the Vision Impaired and Blind
- Information on the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- In-Service Training & Presentations (provided to other service providers)
- Exemption Directory Assistance charger
- TAP - Telephone Assistance Program
Services at the Assistive Technology Center/ Low Vision Lab
- Low vision demonstration of magnifiers, writing aids, sun shields, kitchen aids etc
- Adaptive equipment demonstrations for talking books, descriptive movies, Bible on cassette, large print books, talking watches, clocks, and calculators
Call for Support Group meeting times and locations, 970-241-0315.